NFTS 2010 applicants!

Hey guys,

Just thought I'll start a thread for all of us to update on our application status at NFTS.

Post thoughts, status, showreels and anything else that has anything to do with this year's application.

The nail-biting-call-waiting-head-scratching season has officially begun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Best of luck and all, but I have to ask: why are you bothering?

Sorry to conform to stereotype, but I can't think of a worse time or place to go to film school. What exactly do you hope to get out of this?

Best of luck and all, but I have to ask: why are you bothering?

Sorry to conform to stereotype, but I can't think of a worse time or place to go to film school. What exactly do you hope to get out of this?

To be fair it is the NTFS, probably the only film school potentially worth bothering with in the uk, although obviously still no assurance of a future in a related field. Also the time might potentially be a good one given the fact the economic situation is on the plunge. Live in the NTFS bubble while the world is going to hell in a hand basket and it's possible you might emerge to some kind of recovery.

OTOH it would probably be far more useful to study something that might give you a marketable skill or respected qualification that will aid your future survival.

I don't know what to say about it really beyond make sure you have a plan-b as well.

love

Freya