Anybody know the thread size on Leicina Special lenses?

Bo Price

After a somewhat underwhelming camera test with a "new" Canon 1014 xls, I've decided to swap it in and get the much ballyhooed Leicina Special, along with the much ballyhooed Macro Cinegon 10mm prime lens.

I think I read the Cinegon is a 38 mm thread. But does anybody know what the 6-66 Schneider zoom is? I have a bunch of 72mm filters that I'd love to be able to step-up/down for the Leicina.

Thanks!

Bo

well done on using the word ballyhooed in context twice. What was wrong with the canon?

The automatic meter was off for starters. When I was getting a "16" reading, it was giving me a "5.6". I tried different cartridges, and it was always consistently off. I know the Canon compensates some for light-loss, but it still seemed like a lot. I shot some tests -- some with the automatic meter, and some without -- and overall the image was a little soft, especially compared to a Canon 1014 xls I've used in the past. It wasn't *bad*, but it was just a little soft. I was using the Velvia, which is usually really sharp.

Anyway, high hopes for the Leicina!