KONVAS Mags

J. Anthony Gonzales

I have an older Konvas side-latch turret camera (KCP-1) that has the older fiber composite gears as opposed to the newer metal gears. I have heard that you can only run the 200' mags on this camera; the force necessary to pull 400' mags would shred the fiber gears to bits. I am hoping that somebody can verify this and/or elaborate a bit. If this is a true fact, is this something that wears the gears down over time or is this something that will happen within minutes or seconds?

Thanks in advance to any help with this.

John G.

• 10 months later...

Hi.

Konvas-1 , 1KSR camera can use 400 ft film magazines.

Yes, this camera have some gears from textolite, but, this wirk good.

The need know , what position of magazine lock have your camera, top or side.

A some gears can be replace on steel.

We can discuss about this detailed, but, need see your camera inside.

• 1 month later...
I suppose this is a good place to ask my question, can either the 1m or 2m use 1000ft mags, and if so where can I buy them?

The short answer is no.The largest mag ever built for the Konvas was 500ft and those are, from what I understand, vertually nonexistant. There's one guy who, on the smart groups konvas forum, said he can fabricate a 1200 ft mag with a doner 400 mag and a take up motor from a kinor but I haven't heard of anyone taking him taking him up on the offer. It may be possible but probably not worth it.