Sony f-900

Jared Hoy

i remember, maybe, reading somewhere a while back that the 700/900 sony HD had a slight problem with colours, However I can not remember if it was the blue or red spectrum.

has anyone heard this or is it just a buncho of miscommunication?

• Premium Member
i remember, maybe, reading somewhere a while back that the 700/900 sony HD had a slight problem with colours, However I can not remember if it was the blue or red spectrum.

has anyone heard this or is it just a buncho of miscommunication?

You'd have to be more specific. Maybe they are thinking of the 3:1:1 color subsampling.

You'd have to be more specific.  Maybe they are thinking of the 3:1:1 color subsampling.

not sure. i believe it was the chip having an issue w/ the proper exposure off the colour, always under exposed all red/blue -- myabe i am competly wrong and sound drunk to the lot of you, but i swear i read/heard something.

let me phrase it this way:

those of you who've shot w/ the f 9/700 cameras; any issues w/ red or blue exposures?

• Premium Member

Red and blue are very subsampled but I've never had a problem with exposure with them. If anything, with the ITU709 preset Matrix on, the reds are too intense. I've had chroma clipping with the ITU709 on when filming under certain very saturated colors like purple. I've had the knee saturation affect overexposed colors in odd ways.

There are all sorts of color artifacts with digital depending on how you play around with the menu settings, but I've never heard of a basic red or blue exposure problem.