Seeking: Batteries and Charger for SR2

Colton Davie

I am looking for batteries and charger for an Arri SR2. I am looking primarily for onboard batteries (and perhaps the onboard power adapter), but may be interested in a block battery as well. If you have any that your are willing to sell, I'd love to talk. Or, if you can point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated as well.

And, just to be sure, am I right in assuming that the same batteries work for all three generations of the SR cameras?

Thanks!

• Premium Member

Can't help you sourcing them sorry, but in answer to the second question, no.

SR3 batteries are completely different - 24V in a larger case with a 3 pin socket.

SR1 and SR2 batteries are the same, 12V with a coaxial socket.

You might have trouble sourcing an old Arri SR2 charger, I tried for a film school and had no luck, ended up just putting Arri plugs on a modern charger. Be warned though, the plugs (from Arri) cost more than the new charger did... :blink:

Also, you said you might be interested in an onboard adaptor - if you don't already have one you won't be able to use the onboard batteries. Apart from holding them in place it adapts the camera's 4 pin XLR power recepticle to the battery's coaxial socket. Sorry if you already knew this.

Good luck in your search..

Thanks for the information, guys. I'm still learning what is unique about the SR2 as I've only used the SR3. Visual Products was able to help me out with batteries and one of their chargers with Arri connectors. They were very pleasant to do business with.

Thanks again.