ARRI Camera Packages for Sale

Guest J Patrick Stern

Guest J Patrick Stern

Hey everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to look.

I'm a working commercial DP who hasn't had a client request that I provide my own cameras for a shoot in forever.

Most of the shoots I do these days are internet bound and being shot on small pro-am cameras such as the Canon 5D.

As much as I love film and love my ARRI cameras, I never use them and it's a waste because they are both in mint condition.

Before I say anything else let me say that both cameras have been maintained by none other than Mr. Axel Broda. If you know or know of Mr. Broda you know I've been very serious about keeping these cameras in tip-top shape.

My ARRI 35 was given a frame-up restoration by Mr. Broda, bringing it back to "factory new" in regards to its mechanics in early 2009.

I have created full description pages on my website so I won't relist all of it here.

But the basics are I have two packages:

ARRI 16S with 2 mags, 4 lenses, a VERY RARE 24 crystal sync AC motor from Arriflex, Matte box, Matte box extender, a whole slew of filters, step-up and down-rings, a very nice pro-Bogen head and sticks, cases, and over 2000ft of Kodak Vision 2 and Vision 3 Stock in the package. $5,000 OBO (look at the package I have some rare hard or near impossible to get stuff with this camera).

ARRI 35 2CGS/B, 2 400ft mags, 2 lenses, motors, a killer heavy geared ITE head and sticks, case, matte box, and everything in top condition. $5,000 OBO

I'd prefer to sell them locally (Southern California) but I can/will ship them if needed. The tripods are both large and very heavy.

The Link is:

LINK TO INFO PAGES

• Premium Member

If you get to the point where you split the items up, I would be interested in talking with you about this part of the package:

CAMERA:

One (1) Arriflex 2C GS/B Camera Body #7658 with all caps, cover plates, etc... In Excellent Condition

Features 180 Degree Adjustable Shutter from a later ARRI 3C Camera

New 185:1 ARRI Ground Glass

New Eyepiece from a later 2C Model

New gears, parts, etc... in "like new" condition mechanically *will include invoice from Mr. Broda.

One (1) Arriflex "Wild" Motor for ARRI 2C (Rebuilt by Mr. Broda)

One (1) Arriflex 24fps Governed Motor for ARRI 2C (Rebuilt by Mr. Broda)

Two (2) Arriflex 400ft Magazines (Rebuilt by Mr. Broda)

One (1) Arriflex 2C Matte Box (Shows some wear but in good condition)

One (1) Arriflex 2C Transmission Plate (allows the motor to be mounted beside the camera for placement on a tripod or inside a blimp)

One (1) Additional Transmission Gear (a spare)

Two (2) Magazine Film Loop Protectors

Best,

-Tim

• 2 weeks later...
Guest J Patrick Stern

Hey Tim,

Are you still in Chicago? Man... the West Coast hasn't been the same for ARRI 16 repairs since you left. Axel was kind enough to maintain my 16S... but I think the only reason he agreed was because he was rebuilding my 35. I have such respect for him. I need to give him a call. I haven't spoken to him in over a year now.

What are you interested in? I'm considering breaking the stuff up and Ebaying it. It's so sad that the days of 35 are numbered. Two years ago I would have laughed. Everyone out here wants to shoot cheap and HD... except the music video boys. They still love 35. But they want a 435 or later so you can ramp and do all the super hi-speed in-camera stuff for "the look" they like to go for.

Let me know what you have in mind.

My direct email is jp@jpatrickstern.com or if during work hours my work email is: jpstern@spectorbass.com I do the website and a ton of marketing support for Stuart Spector. If you don't know anything about guitars. Visit our site. www.spectorbass.com We make the best hand-made electric bass guitars in the world. No joke.

Thanks man,

JP

If you get to the point where you split the items up, I would be interested in talking with you about this part of the package:

CAMERA:

One (1) Arriflex 2C GS/B Camera Body #7658 with all caps, cover plates, etc... In Excellent Condition

Features 180 Degree Adjustable Shutter from a later ARRI 3C Camera

New 185:1 ARRI Ground Glass

New Eyepiece from a later 2C Model

New gears, parts, etc... in "like new" condition mechanically *will include invoice from Mr. Broda.

One (1) Arriflex "Wild" Motor for ARRI 2C (Rebuilt by Mr. Broda)

One (1) Arriflex 24fps Governed Motor for ARRI 2C (Rebuilt by Mr. Broda)

Two (2) Arriflex 400ft Magazines (Rebuilt by Mr. Broda)

One (1) Arriflex 2C Matte Box (Shows some wear but in good condition)

One (1) Arriflex 2C Transmission Plate (allows the motor to be mounted beside the camera for placement on a tripod or inside a blimp)

One (1) Additional Transmission Gear (a spare)

Two (2) Magazine Film Loop Protectors

Best,

-Tim