O'Connor Head Question

Joseph LeVan

• Premium Member

O'connor has been vert helpful in the past when I contacted them through their website about older equiptment. They reffered me to Transylvania Video for servicing, you could also try Visual Products (sponsor link should be on the right here). They deal with lots of older heads.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies to my topic. The head is certainly on the smaller side but it doesn't correspond with any of the descriptions that I have read. I am posting some pics of it and will be looking forward to the replies. I would like to now the general year of manufacture if possible. Thanks again for the replies...

J. P.

post-19197-026016000 1285729565.jpg

post-19197-040730000 1285729572.jpg

• Premium Member

Can you get some more shots? other side, front, rear? It almost looks like an older 50D head; much older but still.

Speaking of O'Connor, do they still do rebuilds etc? I have some slight leak on my 50. Nothing major, just certainly in need of an overhaul sometime soon .

• Premium Member

That was a year or two ago when I contacted O'Connor, and they weren't servicing or overhauling their older heads anymore. I have a 50 that I believe predates the 50-D, still working great, no leaks. Whatever that head is it certainly is an old one...

• Premium Member

Speaking of O'Connor, do they still do rebuilds etc? I have some slight leak on my 50. Nothing major, just certainly in need of an overhaul sometime soon .

I believe Visual Products has a tech that knows his way around the older O'Connors.