WANTED AATON LTR 54 VIDEO TAP

Bill Klayer

Unless your camera has the electronics and video camera inside, and you are looking for a professional set-up, to my knowledge this is not something that can be just bought off the internet and user-installed.

Generally speaking, the LTR body must be shipped off to a shop where a tech will open it up. Then a tiny video camera must be positioned very close to the beam splitter and all the electronics housed usually outside of the body. Power usually is taken from the internal camera power supply / socket. This process takes time, experience and pains to achieve.

There used to be a number of shops around the country that would do this, but it is certainly not cheap. Last time I checked, AZ Spectrum in NYC had a good price on that service.

Abel Cine Tech has a videotap for the LTR54 available for rent. It is a replacement for the viewfinder and handle assembly that includes an incorporated videotap.

Nice, I didn't know they had those for LTRs, how well does it work? I would assume it also works for the LTR7? Does the camera need to be sent to you to install it?

Abel Cine Tech has a videotap for the LTR54 available for rent. It is a replacement for the viewfinder and handle assembly that includes an incorporated videotap.

I couldn't find it on your website, how much does it cost to rent? Thanks.

I couldn't find it on your website, how much does it cost to rent? Thanks.

It rents for $200/day. It will work on any XTR or LTR camera (except for perhaps the first 20 built). The unit attaches with just four screws so it should be no problem to send out. That's what I used to do when I was a client of Abel.