A great time to bcome a sustaining member

Keith Walters

• Premium Member

Actually, I mainly wanted to see what changes happen when you write a post as a sustaining member :rolleyes:

The Australian dollar came within a whisker of hitting parity with the greenback this morning so if anybody here wants to buy anything in the US, (or just about anywhere but here for that matter) now is the time to do it!

I have a credit card (with a $17,500 limit) which for the last 9 months has had a minus $54 balance (ie $54 credit) because I accidentally overpaid my last statement. Apparently that sort of thing drives the billing computers to distraction because every now and again I'd get a call on a very bad line from someone with a very strong Indian accent, asking me "This account has a $54 credit. What are your requirements, please?"

Well at the moment A$54 is exactly the right amount to secure a lifetime sustaining membership on this forum!

The whole thing only took a couple of minutes from start to sustaining membership.

Now my card has a credit of about 30 cents. Let's see how that affects them :)

Bah, as of this writing CDN $ is .5 above the Auzzie dollar.

In Nov 2007 the CDN $ was worth $1.10 USD. That was the time I was able to wallpaper an entire room in US one dollar bills.

R,

SEE, I KNEW you were rich!!! So when are you sending the G5 to pick me up and fly me to your estate in Balize so we can party with supermodels like a world famous director and his friend should? :rolleyes:

You're right I'm an independent filmmaker. Now, do I want the interior for my new Ferrari to be black or tan?

R,

• Premium Member

Now AUZD and CDND are dead even Keith! How shall we celebrate our new found wealth?

R,

Well, we could buy RED MX's, but because our bad attitudes, they won't serve us.

That would allow you to make another 5-6 films for a total of something under $900,000 and I'd have something concrete to test my resolution chart program.

That's still well on it's way by the way. I spent a ridiculous amount of time tracking down a baffling bug in one small section of the program. A single change to a single line of code finally nailed it, but I only discovered this morning that that's now completely stuffed all the other sections, all you get is a lot of white rectangles!

I've also just noticed that on the printouts I made the resolution graticule (ie the numeric scale along the bottom of the sweep charts) doesn't exactly match the charts. Reason: In some places I used a declared Constant called Pi with the value pasted in from Wikipedia, in others I just typed in Pi to 6 places by hand, in others I used the much more accurate Pi = 4 * ATN(1). You wouldn't think that would make enough difference to matter, but it does!