unknown Mount

Hi,

I yust bought a lensmount that was supposed to be PL-mount (according to the seller) but it definitely is not.

Can anyone tell me what kind of mount this is? (see atached file)

I thought it might be a BNCR-mount, but there was also an adapter to Arri Bajonet included, on which was written:

SFS do not use on s35 or BNCR

this would suggest it isn't a BNCR-mount either, otherwise why not use the adapter on a BNCR...

so maybe a PV-mount?

Maybe someone needs a mount like this and would trade it in for a PL-mount? (I would need it to convert my KINOR 35H to PL-mount)

thanks

Daniel

post-8707-083001000 1288289822.jpg

Hi,

thanks for the remark.

I have seen, that modifiing the KINOR to PL-mount would mean that at least 2-3 mm would have to be milled out of the original KINOR body, als flange is 9mm less.

As far as I can see this should be possible (I think the KINOFLEX that slow motion inc. was selling some time ago is also yust a PL version of the KINOR with new electronics).

I would have this done at studio hamburg, I'm sure they can do a work like this, or that, if it should be impossible, they would tell before doing anything wrong.

The problem is, that in order to rent the lenses I have I need to have them with PL-mount, as the RED-one owners I know, don't trust to put the Doug Underdahl OCT19 adapter on their RED.

And I'm actually one of the last persons in South Tyrol that are still willing to shoot film... (meaning max 1 project every 2 years)

The investment in the lenses was yust to big to have them yust lieing around, and renting the KINOR as a second Unit camera to foreign productions shooting in South Tyrol is also impossible with a oct19 mount, as the normally have their own lenses.

By the way, since this year South Tyrol has a Filmcommission, the landschape is great, and I'm trying to put up something like a (low budget) kamera rental ;-)

Daniel

I thought it might be a BNCR-mount, but there was also an adapter to Arri Bajonet included, on which was written:

SFS do not use on s35 or BNCR

this would suggest it isn't a BNCR-mount either, otherwise why not use the adapter on a BNCR...

Because the rear of the Arri bayonet & standard mounts won't clear the mirror on the Mitchell cameras.

The adaptor would be used on Arris and Moviecams with BNCR mounts.