The creative and artistical way of cinematography

You can't learn to be artistic. Either you are or you aren't. Anyone can learn to mimic what's already been done. But can you be really innovative with your cinematography? That is the trick. But then again, you aren't reinventing the wheel. Filmmaking has been around for well over a hundred years. It's very hard at this point to be innovative. Pick your spots to put your stamp on it, so to speak, but don't try to do too much. Stay busy filmmaking and your artistic style will develop over many years. But any book that claims to teach the "art of filmmaking" or "art of cinematography" is probably a sham and not anything I'd want to read.

You can't learn to be artistic. Either you are or you aren't. Anyone can learn to mimic what's already been done. But can you be really innovative with your cinematography? That is the trick. But then again, you aren't reinventing the wheel. Filmmaking has been around for well over a hundred years. It's very hard at this point to be innovative. Pick your spots to put your stamp on it, so to speak, but don't try to do too much. Stay busy filmmaking and your artistic style will develop over many years. But any book that claims to teach the "art of filmmaking" or "art of cinematography" is probably a sham and not anything I'd want to read.

Well that is true, there is no book to became creative, but im searching a book that focuses on the cinematography on the creative way (not techique), i mean, a book that analyze profundly different ways of work from the directors of photography to support the concept and idea of each film that they have done. Sorry for my poor english.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...