particularly in india, filmmaking is expensive.so we have to resort to indie filmmaking which is even worse from the norms followed in other parts of the world.

actually i want to shoot a romantic love story based in rural areas.so i want to know about the basic look of the film which i am going to shoot digitally.i am going to prefer an xdcam ex3 and a dslr.so i would be applying colour correction to achieve the film look.but i am confused.how should be the lighting situations and whether the film should be warm or coolish.a lot of shots is to be shot outside and no studio is going to be involved as i want the natural look of the story.

so i request the cinematographers,d.o.p's,directors,filmmakers to provide me some hints and advices.

i would be glad to hear!

• Premium Member

That's a very broad question. Do you have any references, other films you've seen which are similar to what you want?

Also, try and look at your filming locations and take some photos - research how you would like to approach each one.

How much crew will you have? How will you edit and colour correct your material?

P

That's a very broad question. Do you have any references, other films you've seen which are similar to what you want?

Also, try and look at your filming locations and take some photos - research how you would like to approach each one.

How much crew will you have? How will you edit and colour correct your material?

P

references i can't remember.also lot's of films shot in the world particlarly in romantic movies set in rural areas it seems that those situations of filmming look like unrelated to what i am thinking of.let me research further until then please suggest some of your experiences.crew would be around 20 .we shoot on a tight shoe string unlike hollywood.editing,i am particulary thinking of considering either in final cut pro or adobe premeire elements with after effects for the color correction.

• Premium Member

Well, I don't work in Hollywood either, and 20 is a pretty large crew for me!

Sounds like you're pretty well set up for postproduction. You should find some reference, and shoot some tests to see if you can get the results you want.

P

thanks but can u outsource some ideas from filmmakers who have shot in rural india,france,italy or london perhaps coz.....those look awesome n suiting to romantic movies......than these new age romances.

i got a few questions if u don't mind coz i am a first timer...may be i am a lot bothering to u....but out of sheer interest i am asking u...

1.can u tell me someone who has got lots of reference reel.i may see them and consult u?

2.it is better look a film cinematic with neutral looks or like a bit warmer or a bit cooler?

3.can i capture xdcam ex-3's much potential 4:2:2 color spaced digital data onto a capture card configured with a desktop over a hd-sdi cable live on the set?