WATERPARK Short Film Trailer

Hi All,

This is the first short film I've ever photographed. It takes place inside the West Edmonton Mall Waterpark and depicts an unnamed female protagonists exploration throughout it. It was shot on an ARRI SR3 mainly on 7201 with a Zeiss 11-110 zoom. Please tell me what you think about my work! Your comments, criticisms, and advice is always very valuable.

Thanks very much,

Evan

WATERPARK Trailer 1

WATERPARK Trailer 2

a>

Edited by Evan Andrew John Prosofsky

Well, I don't know what the point is, but it's pretty. I love what you've done with the colors. I would watch at least 5 minutes of it.

Thanks, John! I was able to do quite a bit with the color in the telecine. I had the negatives scanned at 2k 444 at cinelicious for anyone who is curious.

As far as the trailers go, they are intended to be 'teasers' and are actually relatively misleading about the film. At some point further along I'll be posting a 'real, theatrical' trailer for the film as well that depicts everything much more accurately. I'm really pleased the trailer got you interested and willing to give the film a chance, regardless of the ambiguity, because thats ultimately what I wanted it to do!

Evan

Thanks for the kind words, everybody.

I too really love the colors. I hope to be shooting some 16mm soon for a documentary, and would love that kind of saturation. Am I to understand you exposed normally and did not employ any special processing, like pulling? The color saturation levels were adjusted in telecine?

Bets,

BR

I too really love the colors. I hope to be shooting some 16mm soon for a documentary, and would love that kind of saturation. Am I to understand you exposed normally and did not employ any special processing, like pulling? The color saturation levels were adjusted in telecine?

Bets,

BR

Hey Brian,

I overexposed the film by about 1 stop fairly consistently (when I had enough light), and the brought the levels back down in the telecine and adjusted the saturation there.

Glad you like the colors,

Evan