Cheap Super8 camera hire

Gareth Blackstock

I recently took stock of my cameras and decided to offer the reliable ones for cheap local hire. Although I can only hire to Victoria, Australian residents, I was hoping people might have a look at the website and offer some feedback on pricing, or whatever.

I do not intend to make money, and as I am not going to be filming for awhile, I want the cameras to get used, otherwise they will get all gummed up with age.

http://mishkin.yolasite.com/camera-hire.php

Let me know what you think,

cheers

Gareth,

This is a great idea and good luck with this. By "bond" I assume you are referring to a equipment deposit?

I have been thinking along similar lines with my multitude of equipment. It seems a shame to be under utilized. However, I would cringe if any of it was used and abused considering the time, money and painstaking effort to acquire these mythical camera obscura. :)

But I suspect most of your all metal Canons will be up to the task on hand.

Gareth,

I think your idea is a very noble one.

You are helping two deserving groups:

The poor but experienced Super-8 shooter and the video folks who may never have had the chance to try film.

Judging from the way you have structured it, you are doing it in exactly the right spirit.

I hope a lot of folks come your way.

Claus.

Thanks for the feedback, I am hoping a few Australians regularly visit the board. Oddly, my canon's seem quite fragile compared to the Yashica's I have used, I have even had one fall off a car mount while driving, and it still worked. I gave it away a year ago, and from what I hear it is still going strong!

cheers, Gareth