Dwayne's Timeline

Hal Smith

• Premium Member

I've been a little nervous about why I haven't received my Kodachrome slides back from Dwayne's. I called today and was informed they're processing it in the order it was received. I overnighted mine to them on the 29th (they got it at 9am on the 30th) so it'll be processed with the last batch. Krystal told me they're working on orders received on the 29th so if you sent yours in at the last moment like I did it'll be a few more days.

• Premium Member

Anybody can check Dwayne's website where they update the processing status. http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/

I got my 15 kodachrome super-8 rolls back on Friday of last week. They originally arrived at Dwaynes on Wednesday morning of the 29th. However, I paid for overnight shipping back to me because their shipping prices are so good.

It is possible that they received more and more unprocessed film each and every day on that final week. So they could be processing films from the 29th for several more days.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my last rolls back 8 February, card processed order shipped 4 February. Too late (a couple of days ago) I finally located a lost partial roll I'd shot in the Summer of '08. But, the rest of them it appears, just visually inspecting, came out fine. Slight shift towards red/magenta though. I shot a few charts on the final roll, so I can probably say how much if I were to measure it. Nothing too drastic, and helps some of the fall colors out, but wanted to make everyone aware that there's some still filtering back.

Shouldn't be any problem to tweak the colors back to neutral either after scanning.

I really hope Dwayne's Lab can make it as an E-6/still photography digital imaging lab. I spoke with Grant Steinle (VP) several times over the phone. Really friendly guy, really friendly staff. I left about $120 worth of film unshot. Feel bad I couldn't give such a quality lab more business.