Konvas 1kcp 2m

Michael Schroers

• Premium Member

Mine was 12 Volt. I put an XLR-4M on the battery end, but never tested to see what the pinout of the Russian connector was. The wires were red and black, so it was easy to just solder black to #1 and red to #4 in the XLR.

-- J.S.

Mine was 12 Volt. I put an XLR-4M on the battery end, but never tested to see what the pinout of the Russian connector was. The wires were red and black, so it was easy to just solder black to #1 and red to #4 in the XLR.

-- J.S.

Thanks for your answer.

How is the name of the lens-mount ? I think it's the bigger one of the lomo lenses, isn't it ?

-- J.S.

Thanks for your answer.

The motor works on 12 Volt; but it only makes 16 frames/second, not 24.

Shall I test it with 16,8 Volt or would 16,8 Volt be much enough to damage the motor ?

Sorry for my bad English,

Thanks,

Michael

Edited by Michael Schroers

• Premium Member

The motor works on 12 Volt; but it only makes 16 frames/second, not 24.

There are many things that could cause it to run slow. It could be dried lubricants in the mechanism instead of a motor problem. Olex will probably see this and answer. You might do well to send it to him for service if you're in Europe. I wouldn't take the risk on 16.8 unless he says it's OK.

-- J.S.

There are many things that could cause it to run slow. It could be dried lubricants in the mechanism instead of a motor problem. Olex will probably see this and answer. You might do well to send it to him for service if you're in Europe. I wouldn't take the risk on 16.8 unless he says it's OK.

-- J.S.

I've got tried it on 16,8 Volt for a short time. Than the motor makes 24 frames/second . . .

But I'm worried to use the motor on 16,8 Volt . . . :unsure:

Edited by Michael Schroers

• Premium Member

I've got tried it on 16,8 Volt for a short time. Than the motor makes 24 frames/second . . .

But I'm worried to use the motor on 16,8 Volt . . . :unsure:

Olex must be on vacation! Normally he would have commented here. To the best of my knowledge 12v was the highest voltage used by the standard Konvas motors. If you hook 12v up to an earlier 15EPSS motor you will probably fry it. Olex has an excellent website with all the information you need to identify the motor and its voltage and amperage requirements: https://sites.google.com/site/olexserviceskonvas/

There is a tutorial on the www.Konvas.org site on adapting a 4 pin xlr power cable to a Kinor that has the battery wiring orientation on the Kinor/Konvas power plug.

Enjoy!

Hello !

I've got a funny Konvas 2m Camera with an electric motor. Which voltage does it need ? 12 Volt or 16,8 Volt ?

It has got a neutric-similar socket with 7 pins.

Which pin usually has got + and which has got - ? Is it the same as Arri ?

Thanks !

Need picture of this motor.

7 pins socket ?

Any Konvas motor do not have battery power socket with 7 pins.

This can be motor module without speed control module.

17EP-16 APK, 19EP-16 APK motor have 4 pin battery power socket.

The all other russian cine cameras with build in speed control electronic have 4 pin power socket too.

This is standard decision of connect battery with camera.

15EPSS motor have motor module and power unit module with speed control electronic and battery inside.

The motor module have cord with 7 pins plug , what connect to power unit module.

But, the motor module have DC motors and taxo inside only.

18EP-16 APK motor have motor module and external speed control and battery modules.

The motor module connect with external speed control modules by cord with 19 pins plugs.

May be this is motor module of 5BD-16APK motor ?

I can suppose, you have motor module of 15EPSS motor.

Pins 1,2 power from power unit module to Main DC motors,

pins 3,6 output signal from Taxo,

pins 4,5, output signal from start-stop switch to power unit module.

pin 7 do not use.

15EPSS motor module included two 27 v DC motors series connection, that's why, the power unit module send to motor module signal up to 54 v.

You can find detailed information about 15EPSS motor on my site.

Can send me Any additional questions to olex.camera@gmail.com

-- J.S.

You must be careful, russian electronic industry do not have hard regulations at color

marking of power wires red or black.

The wires can have digital marking as of schematic.

Need check of resistance between power socket pins and pins electrolytic condenser with big capacity ( power signal filter ), before transistor of voltage regulator.

Or to check wires between power socket pins and power fuses.

The power fuses set at positive battery wire.