FS: Cooke Speed Panchro Lens Set

Tim Carroll

• Premium Member

For Sale a set of the famous Cooke Speed Panchro Series II and Series III prime lenses, used by the likes of Kubrick, Cassavetes and many others. All these lenses are in original ARRI Standard mount and the set comes with the Les Bosher "ARRI Standard (Cooke) to PL mount adapter" so the lenses can be used on cameras with ARRI Standard Mount, ARRI Bayonet Mount and ARRI PL Mount. I've used these lenses with an Arriflex 35 IIC, and with the PL mount adapter, a Hot Rod PL Deluxe, and the Panasonic GH-1. A friend has used them with the PL mount adapter on a RED ONE camera. They make beautiful images.

All five of these lenses received a CLA from Guy Genin at ZGC and are ready to go.

The set includes:

The Cooke Speed Panchro Series III 18mm lens (serial number 688XXX) with original Taylor Hobson Cooke front lens cap and Arriflex rear lens cap.

The Cooke Speed Panchro Series III 25mm lens (serial number 740XXX) with original Taylor Hobson Cooke front lens cap and Arriflex rear lens cap.

The Cooke Speed Panchro Series II 32mm lens (serial number 629XXX) with original Taylor Hobson Cooke front lens cap and Arriflex rear lens cap.

The Cooke Speed Panchro Series II 50mm lens (serial number 687XXX) with original Taylor Hobson Cooke front lens cap and Arriflex rear lens cap.

The Cooke Speed Panchro Series II 75mm lens (serial number 753XXX) with front lens cap and ARRI rear lens cap.

The Les Bosher ARRI Standard (Cooke) to PL mount adapter.

Cookes1.jpg

Cookes2.jpg

You can see many more detailed pictures on my web site at the address below:

Cooke Speed Panchro Set

This set will go up on the evil auction site Sunday night, January 30th. If anyone from Cinematography.com would be interested in purchasing them before they go on auction, please contact me.

Best,

-Tim

• Premium Member

The lenses go up on eBay tomorrow night.

Here's a short test clip I shot with the lenses on a film camera:

Cooke Speed Panchro Test

Hunter Richards shot with this lens set and the Les Bosher PL adapter on a RED One last summer and was really happy with the results. He was supposed to send me clips but somehow that didn't end up happening.

I have also used them with the Panasonic M4/3 cameras (GH1, GH2, soon to be available AF100) and they create that beautiful shallow depth of field as in this clip:

GH-1 clip

Best,

-Tim

• Premium Member

It looks like the lens set is sold. Waiting for a check. If something changes, I will post it here. The selling price was the $3500 I was asking.

As much as I appreciate the offers (currently up to $4200), I made a deal with the first individual who offered $3500, and I am not going to back out on that deal. If he decides he doesn't want the lens set, then I will post here.

Best,

-Tim

• Premium Member

Lenses are on their way to their new home. Thanks for everyone's interest. Hope this set of fifty year old lenses continue making beautiful images for another fifty years, at least.

Best,

-Tim