Are these lights?

• Premium Member

This is a screen grab from ABC morning show camera that was cut to briefly. It looks like there are two ellipsoidal spotlights

off to the left, not that high, maybe just about six feet or so, and one in the middle. Does anybody out there see this/do this on tv sets?

Edit: Can't seem to post image but shot is in video posted below at 2:40.

couple sues over bad video

• Premium Member

They look like Lekos to me. Technically theatrical lights; but they are used on films on occasion for hart shafts, and their iris control (and ability to put gobos in them to project).

Hi Adrian, how are you?

I wonder if they are being used to fill in eye sockets and that's why they are that height?

• Premium Member

Hey Tim; Surviving ;) and looking forward to some warmer weather. You?

They could be for eye-lights, though I doubt it. if anything, they may be for projecting a "title" name in the BG or the like, but are struck for now.

it comes in @2:40, but they don't seem to be on to my eye, the slight light i see through them could be from the window; else they are dimmed way down.

• Premium Member

Hey Tim; Surviving ;) and looking forward to some warmer weather. You?

They could be for eye-lights, though I doubt it. if anything, they may be for projecting a "title" name in the BG or the like, but are struck for now.

it comes in @2:40, but they don't seem to be on to my eye, the slight light i see through them could be from the window; else they are dimmed way down.

Good thanks, staying busy. I love the snow and have had a blast shooting with it this year.

I have a couple of Altman ellipsoidals that I use for various things. I think that sometimes using them or a small fresnel with a

snoot or blackwrap is a good way to clean up eye sockets fast when there are a lot of things going on and many variables.

Check out those space saving stands too. They're great for studio stuff like that but not for much location work.