Can anyone tell me anything about this camera?

Jordan Brade

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3875345861&rd=1

Can anyone give me any info on this camera? Anyone use this camera before and can give me an honest opinion of it? I looked all over the internet and gave the search option a try in this forum, but I wasn't able to find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Guest jeremy edge
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3875345861&rd=1

Can anyone give me any info on this camera? Anyone use this camera before and can give me an honest opinion of it? I looked all over the internet and gave the search option a try in this forum, but I wasn't able to find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thats a comag.I saw someone asking about them recently.

people said they're bad to jam....but it is motor driven and takes 400 ft loads.

looks pretty pro...but there must be a reason they made so few.

I'd call a camera shop or two and see if they can service it if need be and what thier opinion is on that model.

a few shops:

duallcamera.com

cameraspro.com

You can also contact bolex at bolex.ch and ask them if parts or available should you need them as well as make sure you can find a manual. it might turn out to be a great bargain but possibly not an easy road.

If that thing gets up to $650 or more ,Id start looking for a kinor instead.

Guest Ian Marks

Very innovative design (for its day), orphaned by Bolex, reputedly assembled in limited numbers in Germany by Arri. A very ENG-like approach with motorized zoom and focus, which means you are limited to the three lenses specifically engineered for it (12-120 Angenieux, 10-100 Schneider Variogon, and 8mm Zeiss, I think, all in a special mount to interface with the electric controls). Probably requires a dedicated battery pack. To my eye, the coaxial mag arrangement looks a bit like the A-Minima.