WHAT'S NEW IN THE WORLD OF FILM

Edward Belshaw

I am doing my Dissertation on different technologies in the film world what i would like to know is....

different technologies

are they being used appropriately

are they beneficial

are they being used to they full potential

thank you and i hope for lots of feedback

I can only offer my opinion which is; they are not beneficial. The technological "revolution" that has been taking place in the film industry over the past 15 to 20 years has only really been a benefit as far as creating jobs,which is great in it's own right but a pyrrhic victory at best. Cost of production has gone up, story quality has gone down, energy consumption has way up, ticket sales have gone down. Obsolescence is an annual discovery and universal standards have gone away. Proprietary formats rule. New technology seems only to exist to perpetuate itself and less to do with making art.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks yes you can

mainly looking at cameras 3D CGI. does this mean the way film were filmed has to change

thanks

Any technological advancement will have corresponding changes in the way the improved technology is used; as an example, look at what happened when sound was introduced - cameras were severly limited in their ability to move so cinematographers had to get more inventive with placement.

Steve

I am doing my Dissertation on different technologies in the film world what i would like to know is....

different technologies

are they being used appropriately

are they beneficial

are they being used to they full potential

thank you and i hope for lots of feedback

What different technologies?

Also, at what level are you writing your dissertation?