35mm to 2:35

Shane Martin Smith

The rental house should be able to configure it for you, just ask for 3 perf super 35 with the 2.35:1 ground glass.

That being said, 3 perf s35 is boring... have you considered anamorphic or 2 perf?

• Premium Member

The rental house should be able to configure it for you, just ask for 3 perf super 35 with the 2.35:1 ground glass.

That being said, 3 perf s35 is boring... have you considered anamorphic or 2 perf?

Why is 3-perf 2.35 boring but 2-perf 2.35 isn't???

Why is 3-perf 2.35 boring but 2-perf 2.35 isn't???

So as far as camera is concerned, I would only have to change the ground glass?

Then I could take 2:35 out of 4 perf 35mm, but it would be cheaper and make more sense to take it from 2 & 3 perf?

Which makes sense, because I read that with 2 Perf, you save nearly 25% of money & film in the end?

• Premium Member

So as far as camera is concerned, I would only have to change the ground glass?

Then I could take 2:35 out of 4 perf 35mm, but it would be cheaper and make more sense to take it from 2 & 3 perf?

Which makes sense, because I read that with 2 Perf, you save nearly 25% of money & film in the end?

Shooting a 2-perf tall frame means that you shoot half as much film as with 4-perf. Yes, it's a great cost-saver if you can find a 2-perf camera to rent.

The 4-perf 35mm Full Aperture is 1.33 : 1, so the 2-perf 35mm Full Aperture is naturally 2.66 : 1. 3-perf is about 1.78 : 1. You can frame any of them for extracting a 2.40 frame but obviously you waste the most negative if using 4-perf... Unless you shoot with anamorphic lenses.

Shooting a 2-perf tall frame means that you shoot half as much film as with 4-perf. Yes, it's a great cost-saver if you can find a 2-perf camera to rent.

The 4-perf 35mm Full Aperture is 1.33 : 1, so the 2-perf 35mm Full Aperture is naturally 2.66 : 1. 3-perf is about 1.78 : 1. You can frame any of them for extracting a 2.40 frame but obviously you waste the most negative if using 4-perf... Unless you shoot with anamorphic lenses.

Okay, that really cleared up my confusion. I appreciate your time & wisdom good sir.

Thanks David...