Crazy Idea: 35mm Adaptor on Super 8 Camera

Brady Wurtz

So i recently got my hands on a Super 8 film camera (Bell & Howell 306). My only problem with it so far (haven't shot anything yet) is that it's a fixed lens with a fixed focal length. And everything else on it is pretty much automatic, so have no control over it.

but i also own a Letus Mini 35mm Adaptor...

in theory, if i can attach my letus to the camera and get the film camera to film on the plate glass in my letus, do you think the footage should still look good? or do you think the automatic lettings on my super 8 camera will through everything off?

the super 8 camera needs a battery for the auto exposure, but if i don't put a battery in, do you think i could adjust the exposure properly on the lenses i attach to my letus?

idk if anyone has had this idea before to do this, or if i'm the first one, or if it's just to stupid that it won't really work well.

just wanted to see what you guys think before i give it a try

I guess you'd need a dioptre fitted to your fixed focus lens (I'm assuming it's one of those lenses that has no focus ring and you can't adjust the focus)in order to allow it to focus on the screen in your Letus.

yea that's the rough part. the lens on my camera has no adjustments on it at all. no zoom, no focus. and since i've got no manual and can't seem to find one online anywhere without paying 10 bucks, i'm not to sure on the specs of this camera

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/m/mYrrzcHL-05CVWIg8mJbmgA/140.jpg

Edited by Brady Wurtz