A Super8 transfer in NYC for 100D Super8`, quick turnaround

Matt Stevens

Okay, I just found out that I might, just might get one of my Straight8 entries back before I have a screening July 26 of my 2011 shorts. This would be awesome if it goes down. But I will need a transfer.

I would have two rolls transferred. The film consists of what appears to be one long take, but it was camouflaged with an edit. Take 1 went wrong at the edit point, so we did take 2. I like take 1 better. So I want to get them both transferred and combine the two.

This is Kodak Super 8 100D, shot 18fps so it needs to be transferred at 29.97.

I would say okay to standard-def, as long as I can get the file on a hard drive or DVD as I do not have a Mini-DV deck. HD would be better, of course.

Any affordable recommendations in NYC? Mailing back and forth is impossible due to time constraints. I do not need anything 'special' right now. I don't have the money, to be honest, or I would call Lightpress (who did a fantastic job on my Super8 short, Micommunications). But I can get real quality transfers at a later date. The key is, get this thing ready for the 26th if I can get it back next week.

Thanks!

• Site Sponsor

We at Cinelab are next day from NYC via UPS ground or Fedex and we can give you a 1080P Pro-Res file on a drive. Otherwise DuArt has a S8 gate for their Y-Front or Technicolor has a S8 gate for the Spirit.

www.cinelab.com

-Rob-

You guys are way way outside my price limit. I've got two rolls. I won't meet your minimum. Can't afford the rush fee. :(

What I am looking for is one of those places that cheat and use a 3CCD camcorder to capture the frames. It's not ideal. But it works and will produce a so-so image. The short in question is not something that requires a pretty image. It's just a guy ranting and raving into a microphone.

I can get a proper transfer this Fall, when I have some money. ;)

You guys are way way outside my price limit. I've got two rolls. I won't meet your minimum. Can't afford the rush fee. :(

What I am looking for is one of those places that cheat and use a 3CCD camcorder to capture the frames. It's not ideal. But it works and will produce a so-so image. The short in question is not something that requires a pretty image. It's just a guy ranting and raving into a microphone.

I can get a proper transfer this Fall, when I have some money. ;)

you might want to check out frame discreet in Toronto it may not meet your time frame but the price/quality ratio is very impressive.

Edited by Jake Zalutsky

• Site Sponsor

You guys are way way outside my price limit. I've got two rolls. I won't meet your minimum. Can't afford the rush fee.

We can waive the $125.00 minimum and run the two rolls to disk for $50.00 if you provide a drive.

-Rob-

We can waive the $125.00 minimum and run the two rolls to disk for $50.00 if you provide a drive.

-Rob-

That is exceedingly helpful. Since you guys do High Def, awesome. I guess it will all comedown to time. If I get the rolls early enough... I am okay. If not, oh well. Fingers crossed.

The two rolls will be easy to do. One roll is a single long take. not many shots, so you don't have to constantly color correct.

The second roll is two takes. That's it.