Festival Press Kit

• Premium Member

Hey everybody. An avant-garde short film that I finished last year just got into a festival. :) I'm really excited about it, but I have a few questions since this is my first festival. The main one is what to include in the press kit. I have a bunch of production stills, but I'm not sure what other basics usually go along with that.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Check with the festival, do they provide assistence? maybe hire somebody at location to help you with local media. they do have to connections, which you might not get otherwise.

Usually: short synopsis, longer synopsis, credits (if possible all of the credits, incl. aspect ratio etc pp), a portrait of yourself (300 dpi and web-resolution), a list of what actually is on the production stills), some production notes. don´t forget about the radio and TV-stations, tho I have only experience on what is needed for print.

• Premium Member

Check with the festival, do they provide assistence? maybe hire somebody at location to help you with local media. they do have to connections, which you might not get otherwise.

Usually: short synopsis, longer synopsis, credits (if possible all of the credits, incl. aspect ratio etc pp), a portrait of yourself (300 dpi and web-resolution), a list of what actually is on the production stills), some production notes. don´t forget about the radio and TV-stations, tho I have only experience on what is needed for print.

Yes, they say they help to promote the films. Just waiting on a response.

That's pretty much what I had assumed was included in the package. Thanks for your help, Elisabeth!