UltraPan8 full resolution overscanned 2080x870 pixel x 24 (bit depth) sequential jpegs has been uploaded.

Nicholas Kovats

Hi!

This is has been cross-posted due to the hybrid 8mm/16mm technology utilized in UltraPan8 cameras.

This is the full resolution over-scanned 2080x870 pixels x 24bit depth sequential jpegs source file converted to MPEG4 for viewing purposes regarding the inaugural UltranPan8 test film roll recently uploaded.

This newest upload removes an additional level of compression, i.e.

1. original upload conversion/compression path:

UltraPan8 film -> 2080x870 pixels x 24bit depth sequential jpegs -> DIVX (mpeg4) 2.8:1 extraction -> YouTube/Vimeo compression

2. New upload conversion/compression path:

UltraPan8 film -> 2080x870 pixels x 24bit depth sequential jpegs -> YouTube/Vimeo compression

Bolex hybrid H8/H16 camera mod provided by Jean-Louis Seguin. The scan was delivered by John Gledhill of bitworks.org utilizing his sprocketless 16mm transfer bay. Note that the ultra-wide native frame dimensions of UltraPan8 = 10.52mm x 3.75mm w/ AR = 2.8:1

The file is also available for public download and examination here, i.e. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29307178/Squential%20JPEGS%2018fps%20MPEG4.mp4

Note the impressive density of information contained in this minimal latitude reversal film stock, i.e. Ektachrome 100D.

• Premium Member

Hi!

The file is also available for public download and examination here, i.e. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29307178/Squential%20JPEGS%2018fps%20MPEG4.mp4

Note the impressive density of information contained in this minimal latitude reversal film stock, i.e. Ektachrome 100D.

Looks Nice and steady!

There is a bit of what looks like flare at the top and the right hand edge of the frame, in the form of a slightly uneven Lighter band. The band stays the same shape. There also seems to be a bit of a base side scratch/Rub mark about 1/3 of the way from the left of the screen, but only at the start and end. Of course there is the loading fog, at the start and end.

Is your rig using the 25 ft Regular 8 Spools?

Thanks, Charles.

The flare may or may not be investigated as per the results of my next test roll which has just been sent off to bitworks.org for scanning.

The base side scratch may be attributed to my accidentally bypassing the upper Bolex auto-load channel. Niagara Custom Labs has advised that this scratch is not visible on the 2nd roll.

That is correct and I appreciate the introduction to new film terminology, i.e. "loading fog"!

Yes, it was a standard 25ft double perf R/D8 spool. LIFT in Toronto can also provide both E100D and Plus-X reversal film in 100 ft lengths if needed.