Help Adapting IIC with hand crank Motor

Alejandro Wilkins

• Premium Member

Hey buddy, long time no see. Are you trying to build a hand cranked IIC? If that's the case then I'm not sure how to help you. If you're just looking for a hand cranked IIC I think you can probably find one at a few places in LA. I used one (I believe it was a IIC) out of Otto years ago and I've heard Panavision has one. If you need one built I think you could get some good info from rental houses that already have them.

• Premium Member

I'm looking for a company, preferably in the LA area, that will adapt a Hand crank motor to an Arri IIC.

Axel Broda, who is just outside of LA, could definitely do the job. Whether he has time would have to be something only he could answer.

661-821-6725

Best,

-Tim

• Premium Member

You might want to think about the gear ratio. The traditional 8 frames per turn was chosen when the standard was 16 frames per second. If you want 24 frames per second, you have to crank uncomfortably fast with that. A 12 frames per turn ratio would be better where 24 fps is the display rate. Or, you could look at making it variable.... More money, though.

-- J.S.