Sony F65

sandeep sony

Up to 120 frames per second

To support slow motion and fast motion, the F65 provides over- and undercranking at frame rates of 1 to 60 frames per second (4Kx2K resolution), and up to 120 frames per second (4Kx1K resolution). In both modes, you get high-speed shots without "windowing," crop factor or change of effective focal length.

just check this link

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/show-highend/resource.solutions.bbsccms-assets-show-highend-F65.shtml#/f65t1_7

can we shoot 120 frames in 4k or not,what it mean (1 to 60 frames per second (4Kx2K resolution), and up to 120 frames per second (4Kx1K resolution))?

please clarify me.......

plz some one clarify doubt

I suspect that since no one has actaully used the camera, they may not currently know the answer. At first glance there are a number interesting aspects to the camera's sensor, so no doubt time will reveal all.

BTW you need to use your full real name, it's one of the forum rules.

Edited by Brian Drysdale

• 2 months later...

Selectable fps (Slow & Quick motion)

o 4Kx2K (4096 x 2160): up to 60 fps

o 4Kx1K (4096 x 1080): up to 120 fps

You can read more details on their preliminary brochure

http://pro.sony.co.nz/corporate/resources/en_AZ/images/ExperienceSony/Articles/F65_Camera_Cinema.pdf

BTW Brian, I think that's his full real name.. since he's from India...

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that the 120fps will be an SR codec function and the output will be HD (1080) not 4K raw.

The bigger question is when will this camera have 120fps functionality.

I have been told that the F65 will not have any SR codec recording available until March 2012 (4K raw only at launch) and that the 120fps functionality will not be enabled until June 2012.

The 4K raw will be a big data pill to swallow for TV production.

I am very interested in the SR-Lite codec recording 220mbs at up to 120fps for the small screen. I think producers and post houses will like the speed and smaller files. With the DN-HD option coming this January for the Alexa it will be interesting to see if the F65 is chosen for any episodic television in 2012. The Alexa already has 120fps, a proven record of reliability, DP's love the camera and with DN-HD I wager that Avid based post houses will be happy with Alexa. My guess is that the Alexa will continue to be dominant in the TV biz for some time. Maybe very VFX intensive TV productions would select the F65 or the Epic for the 4K raw.

Feature film production may embrace the F65 particularly for VFX heavy production. When the F65 has all of the speeds/functions up and running it may give the Alexa some real competition.

Neal Norton