SUPER-8 The film handbook for the digital age

None of my business of course but I thought Jürgen (the writer) missed the opportunity to post a text on his new book here. And stakeholders are not listing it.

Should be interesting to anybody in the business contemplating the use of genuine Super-8 for an upcoming project. If Spielberg can then anybody can.

Rather then relying on digital helpers to achieve looks-like but does really have it :) It is not all that hard.

Check the original listing in the Super-8 section of cinematography.com. Also note that it is now available through Amazon and eBay. From US in US$ :)

Super-8 section thread on this book

SUPER 8 The film handbook for the digital age – with brief instructions for Super 8 film beginners.

How is film different than video? How do I find the right camera? What film stocks are available today? There are more than 30 types! Where and how is it developed? How can I do it myself? Who should I let repair my camera? How do I maintain it? What digital scanners are available for Super 8? How do I edit film on computer and use the additional possibilities it offers: Image stabilization, colour correction, film improvement with Avisynth? How do I work with wet or tape splicers? What projectors are most efficient? Which competitions can I submit my film to? What I need to know about the history of film formats: 9.5 mm, 16 mm, 8 mm, Super 8, Double Super 8 and Single-8?

Jürgen Lossau: Super 8, 148 x 210 mm, approx. 290 pages, 300 colour photos, in German/English, ISBN 978-3-938619-03-2

1%20super8-END2-340x340.jpg

• 6 months later...