COMPLETE WHITE OUT IN STUDIO

• Premium Member

Hi Folks,

I've been asked to light a studio which is painted white with infinty cove. The director wants that blown out flat soft kinda look. I'm shooting on the DVX100a and I've done something similiar on a smaller scale. I've hired 9x Space lights for the studio space and I'm going to use some of my existing lighting kit (1x 2k Fresnel, 1x 4' Kino and 2x 300 Fresnels) to light the talent.

Anything I should be looking out for? Has anyone done anything similiar and want to share experiences.

For close up's I'm thinking of getting the gaffer to rig one of the space lights on a pully system that way I can crank it down to just above ground level and use that as a possible key source.

Thoughts and comments always welcome.

• Premium Member

Well, the shoot went swimmingly well. First time I've used space lights and they rock. The only down side was by the end of the day the crew we were stripped down to our underpants. Jeez it was hot.

I only needed to use my 4x4 Kino as an eye light and a Gold reflecter for some bounce. Less is more I guess. I'll hopefully post some shots when the production give me a copy of the filming.

Rich "we need more space lights" Steel

Steadicam Owner/Operator

www.steadicams.com