The Cinemeter II - Where can I get one?

I want to get hold of a Cinemeter II but I can't seem to find anywhere that can get hold of one. It's driving me nuts, loads of guys are using them but they don't seem to come from anywhere!

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? What's the deal with these things?

Help!!!

• 7 months later...

The Cinemeter II is definitely a superior meter - I have had mine for seven years.

It's the only light meter that is designed for the cinematographer - from the ground up.

All other light meters are still meters where they added some cine speeds....

Sadly the Burbank based company went belly up as it could not compete w/ the Asian made meters.

If you are lucky you might still find them at some stores.

Good luck and let me know if you found one and where -- I might buy a back-up just in case.

Edited by Daniel Andreas

• 2 years later...
I want to get hold of a Cinemeter II but I can't seem to find anywhere that can get hold of one. It's driving me nuts, loads of guys are using them but they don't seem to come from anywhere!

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? What's the deal with these things?

Help!!!

Well, there was one up for grabs on ebay this week. It sold for a mere $1400, mind you. Since they are not made anymore, most people who have one are hanging on to it like dear life. So not only is a question of where can you find them, but how much are you willing to pay for them once you find them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CineMeter-II-Light-Met...1QQcmdZViewItem

• 4 weeks later...
Well, there was one up for grabs on ebay this week. It sold for a mere $1400, mind you. Since they are not made anymore, most people who have one are hanging on to it like dear life. So not only is a question of where can you find them, but how much are you willing to pay for them once you find them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CineMeter-II-Light-Met...1QQcmdZViewItem

I found this original metal Cinemeter in new/unused condition for $250 on ebay, seems to have all the features of the cinemeter II but without the crappy painted symbols that wear off after a few weeks use:

6d90_3.JPG

Edited by Joe Uman

I found this original metal Cinemeter in new/unused condition for $250 on ebay, seems to have all the features of the cinemeter II but without the crappy painted symbols that wear off after a few weeks use:

Good for you!

I guess some guys are luckier than others! ;)

S

Good for you!

I guess some guys are luckier than others! ;)

S

I just managed to catch it a few hours after the auction was posted, but I have recently seen the Cinemeter II go for $200 in a used state.

Edited by Joe Uman

• 1 year later...

Please let me know if anyone is still interested in purchasing a Cinemeter II. I have had this for many years but it has not been used much at all. It is in like-new condition and I am willing to part with it if someone is interested. I will most likely put it up on eBay soon.