What camera / accessories

Roger Kisekka

First little about me, im a movie fanatic i love movies and not just movies also music videos and photos.

and i was thinking of starting serious with filming, so i need you guys to help me.

I don't have a camera to start with so i need to go buy one, but i don't really know anything about cameras and all that.

so what i need is you guys to help me pick a good camera to start out with.

what I will to do with my camera:

1. I will make music videos for friends and remixes on others songs, so i want it to look like all other music videos.

2. I will make short movies, like small "mini trailers" you could say, so i want it to look really cinematic.

3. I will take Photos of crazy places, environment, stuff i like, so i want it to look really great...

4. I will make small movies like 10 min long, like College humor, so i want it to have same feeling as those videos.

that is what i want to start out with, and i hope u guys can help me... i am not the best at English so u have to excuse me,

if you didn't understand something please do tell.

I have heard that Canon 5D is a good camera to start out but then again i don't know, would be nice where i could read up on lenses to.

ps:

if u could say some good magazines i could buy would be nice to.

photo magazines

movie magazines

Camera light magazines

editing magazines

visual effect magazines

etc ...

I just watched a youtube video and i need to know the difference plz :)

He said that you should at least buy a "3-chiped HDD camera" whats the difference between that and a DSLR camera? ^^ i just don't want to buy a camera and regret it later :)

and when i watched on the internet the price difference is not big at all either so that's why i have a hard time choosing, if the price differences where like 3k then i would not have doubted on the DSLR 60D... so please help me

The main reason people use a DSLR is the possibility of using a shallow depth of field (although this has the increased risk of out of focus shots). The downsides of the DSLR cameras are increased moire patterning, the shot length is limited to 12 mins, increased skew compared to a video camera. The upside being they are usually more sensitive than 3 chip cameras.

DSLRs are pretty popular for music videos.