Motion control time lapse

Hey everybody,

I'm looking to buy a motion control system that can repeat pan, tilt and dolly moves. I've looked at the $3300 dollar motiontimer and the $17,000 cineblock. Has anyone tried to use either? Has anyone tried to use either in realtime instead of just timelapse? Are there any ither choices that i'm forgetting that do pan tilt and slider?

• Premium Member

Hey everybody,

I'm looking to buy a motion control system that can repeat pan, tilt and dolly moves. I've looked at the $3300 dollar motiontimer and the $17,000 cineblock. Has anyone tried to use either? Has anyone tried to use either in realtime instead of just timelapse? Are there any ither choices that i'm forgetting that do pan tilt and slider?

Bear in mind that real time & stop motion are the other end of the spectrum with MOCO. Stepping motors are cheap and perfect for time lapse they vibrate & dont go that fast when used for real time. There is no perfevt soloution & renting is often the best .

• Premium Member

Depends a lot on the software, and the size and weight of the camera. Check out:

http://www.synccine.com/nxtindex.htm

We tested his rig with lightweight cameras and it did both smooth, repeatable real time moves and micro-step time lapse. It can be done but usually the software is expensive.