i need to buy a slider

Iri Dinca

• Premium Member

http://www.kesslercrane.com/product-p/100154-5.htm

I'm a big fan of Eric Kessler's products. Great customer service, great reputation for solid build quality and reliability. All-around great company as well.

Plus, I find that it's smooth and very easy to use with the hand crank. Plus, you can adapt motors/controllers for smooth easing in and out of key points, as well as support for precise time-lapse work.

Hope this helps!

Interesting rig, but I dont think it would be suitable for a heavy film camera. Regardless of what they say about an 80lbs capacity, it mounts onto a 100mm ball mount. There is no way that is going to support an Arricam ST or LT for that matter.

Try the Chapman slider from Chapman/Leonard - http://www.chapman-leonard.com/SLIDERS/CL%20AND%20JB%20SLIDERS.html

Or try the slider from Ronford/Baker - http://www.ronfordbaker.co.uk/slider.html

These are the ones that I use and can recommend for film cameras. There may be many others that are as good, but I know these work.

The Chapman slider is VERY pricey, and they may or may not sell to customers within the US, it may be only lease.

i need to buy a slider at least 4" long , i need it for heavy duty camera like red, alexa, arricam....

I like the Twin Dolly System from Solid Grip Systems. The beauty of it is that you can make it any length, as long as you support it, and it works great for a "tabletop" dolly. It's well thought out and the action is very smooth because Onno got away from the multiple tiny bearings and went with larger wheels, something I had been thinking about for a while until I saw his. I'm sure it's up on his web page at solid grip systems

I also second Darryl's recommendation of the Twin Dolly by SolidGrip Systems. I am using mine on a cooking show, traveling around Portugal, using an F3 with Optimo DP lenses, mattebox, kinomatik shoulder rig, onboard monitor, it works great, very fluid motion. It is an essential piece of my kit. I have been using a 2mt truss as track, and also the 1mt twintube track as slider. It is very fast to setup and the dolly is rugged and well built. It takes any load you throw at it. I have a 150mm ball bowl for the bigger cameras and heads, now I have been working with a 100mm bowl head (Sachtler Video 18) and the f3. But I have used it with a RedOne and Optimo 24-290mm and O'Connor 2575 Head.

I have mounted the track on iced lakes, mountain rocks, dirt roads and it always performs flawlessly.

Thanks Onno for a very good product!

PS - I do not work for SolidGripSystems, nor do I have any financial interest in it. Just a happy costumer :)

Edited by Pedro Emauz Silva

We got sent a demo unit of the TwinDolly Slider and the thing is built like a tank. It is over-engineered to the point where you can mount a 160lb rig on it without any issues.

It's also got a great feature where you can mount to both tripod or light stands, and attach multiple lengths of track together to lengthen/shorten it to the needs of your shot without having to re-mount a different slider, shortening setup times.

It's certainly overkill for a DSLR rig, but its right at home for a larger, heavier rig such as a fully equipped RED, Alexa, etc. It's available with a Mitchell mount, if that's any indication of what it's suited for.

This place in Burbank, CA did a little video on it and gives a good (if brief) look into it:

I have one here in Vancouver, Canada so if you're in the area and want to come check one out in person, just let me know! :) I have the 2.5' & 3.5' lengths and the 4-way Mitchell mount.