Thoughts on Pulling 5207

Hey guys. I'm about to do a shoot on Pro8mm reformatted Kodak V3 250D. While this is a great stock, it's not really the look I want, but it's the closest thing Pro8mm sells. I'm looking for a low contrast look with more earthy and darker colors. To me 5207 is a bit to bright for what I'm going for and I'm trying to loose some contrast in camera, rather than in post and color correction. Has anyone had any experience pulling this particular stock? I was thinking of overexposing one stop and pulling one stop. It would cost me an additional $60 ($15/cartridges for four). Will the difference that dramatic or is it pretty negligible? I will be shooting in woods which have some foliage (but not thick) so a fare amount of light, weather dependent. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

why not try the Fuji 250D? It looks great in super 8. I wouldn't bother pulling. Just have some ND filters on hand. I'd go two stops down as a starting point and adjust to taste. Expose favoring the shadows to get lower contrast. I know you said you were going for a certain look, but is 7213 in super 8 not what your looking for or 7285?

Hey guys, really appreciate the input. I never considered using tungsten balanced film since all the shots were exteriors, but I guess, with the internal 85, there is no justifiable reason I couldn't use them. And Chris, I was originally planning on using the eterna 250D (I actually really, really, love it's look) but, unfortunately, pro8mm has discontinued packaging that and only offers the vivid 250D which is way to bright and, well, vivid, for the look I want. I have similar thoughts about the 100D. Honestly, if I knew for a fact it was going to be a bright sunny day, I would get the 64D, but my subject is a homeless man so it's never a sure thing if he's going to show up on the day we request, so I have to be a bit more liberal with my film speed because of the possibility of overcast, etc. I'm currently looking to get some more filters as I don't have any in my thread size for my Nizo 801 Macro and NDs are at the top of that list. From what gather, the pull processing money could be better spent on those. Again, appreciate all the comments guys.

-Royce