Nizo 801 Macro Lens Thread?

Royce Marcus

Hello, I'm trying to figure out the lens thread length of my Nizo 801 macro. Maybe it's because I'm accustom to still lenses, but I'm used to having this length mentioned on the outside of my lens, but I'm unable to find it any where on the camera. In the manuals I've found online, it states that the thread dimensions are 62/67. I'm assuming this means I can use EITHER a 62mm filter or a 67mm filter, correct? This seems to be accurate as my lens appears to have two threads (one silver and one black). Also, does it really matter which one I choose? Like is one thread size meant for macro work and the other meant for everything else? Or did Braun just do this to be more flexible? Thanks!

Hello, I'm trying to figure out the lens thread length of my Nizo 801 macro. Maybe it's because I'm accustom to still lenses, but I'm used to having this length mentioned on the outside of my lens, but I'm unable to find it any where on the camera. In the manuals I've found online, it states that the thread dimensions are 62/67. I'm assuming this means I can use EITHER a 62mm filter or a 67mm filter, correct? This seems to be accurate as my lens appears to have two threads (one silver and one black). Also, does it really matter which one I choose? Like is one thread size meant for macro work and the other meant for everything else? Or did Braun just do this to be more flexible? Thanks!

On the models made from 1976-79 the lens thread was 62mm

The lens was updated from 79/80 onwards and has a lens thread of 67mm

The later models have the 'Braun' insignia under the lens barrel.

Some 79 models did not have the insignia.

Hope this helps

Hope this helps

Thanks Jamie. I definitely have something after 1980. Taking a closer look at my lens, I'm noticing the glass is very convex. In fact, I'm having some reservations if I could even put a filter on before it physically hits the lens glass (though my eyes may be deceiving me). Do you have any input on this? Since I have some other 72mm lenses and filters, I was considering either buying a step up ring from the 67-72 or purchasing a 67mm ring for my cokin p kit and using those filters. Any input either way?

Thanks Jamie. I definitely have something after 1980. Taking a closer look at my lens, I'm noticing the glass is very convex. In fact, I'm having some reservations if I could even put a filter on before it physically hits the lens glass (though my eyes may be deceiving me). Do you have any input on this? Since I have some other 72mm lenses and filters, I was considering either buying a step up ring from the 67-72 or purchasing a 67mm ring for my cokin p kit and using those filters. Any input either way?

I've always used a B+W 67mm UV without any issues, however the step up ring or the Coking set up might be a better option.

Hope this helps

Jamie ? Jamie ! Great to meet you here in this community.

And of course the above infos regarding the Nizo 801macro lenses are correct ;-)

Still have my black 801 ?

Best regards from

Reinhard