European lab

I'm planning a 16mm short film that will be exhibited digitally, and I am leaning towards using VISION3 500T stock.

Can anyone suggest a lab in Europe (I'm in Finland) that can process the film and also provide a high quality HD transfer of it, for editing and final exhibition. This is new to me, as I have only shot reversal film previously.

In my extremely limited experience, super16 is very hard put to fill an HD frame with real information

Really? There have been several features shot in recent years on super 16mm, scanned at 2K, and shown on the big screen (in both 35mm and DCP). They look just splendid, certainly a lot better than SD video could ever provide.

So I really don't think HD would be overkill for 16mm 500T, but even if I end up using a slower stock like you suggest, my original question remains: I need a lab. :) Any suggestions?

In my extremely limited experience, super16 is very hard put to fill an HD frame with real information - I'd look at slower stocks. The slowest stock you can possibly use, to be honest.

It is the first time that i read this . May be that i am missing something but i always believed that S16 "eats" easily HD. Anyway, i have seen with my eyes beautiful 35mm prints that i scanned. When i asked wich 35mm camera they used they answered S16...