400 ASA or push to 800 for Stadium lighting

Hi All,

I'm going to be shooting some 16mm soon at a track meet, for a documentary I'm beginning production on. It's a night meet, in a stadium with stadium lighting, but unfortunately I won't have time to do camera tests prior to the event. So I'm forced to just anticipate and see.

I'm wondering if there are those of you out there who have shot under stadium lighting, who know about what I should be prepared for in terms of shooting speed. I'm planning on shooting with the Orwo 400 ASA black and white. I think this should be enough for my aims, but I wasn't sure if I should contemplate push processing to 800?

For what it's worth, here in an image of the stadium where I'll be filming, shot at night with the lights on so you can see the configuration. Your expertise would be so appreciated!

Stadium Lights

Best,

BR

What lenses do you have ? . I am always a bit wary of pushing B/W to much .

The look is supposed to be pretty specific, and I'm using period glass from the 60s to 70s. I've got a few primes that'll do 1.7, thought I'd like to avoid going that far down if at all possible...although beggars cant be choosers, so I'll take that over pushing to 800 surely.

• Site Sponsor

I will shoot a few tests on the Orwo 74 stock in the next few days and I will shoot something at night to see similar conditions you will be shooting under. I can also try a Push +1 on a roll too.

Film at 11

-Rob-

• Site Sponsor

This is a quick Orwo UN74 test.

I shot some film at my loft and then some at Cinelab, very informal, some of the shots were under very low light. I also have part of a test for a Music Video i am making on here that is lit by strobes.

We ran this as we would run Kodak XX negative and it is developed Push +1 i.e. 800 ASA.

-Rob-