Questions about Vision3 500T and 200T Color Negative

Robert Kowalski

I am getting ready to embark on a band tour and want to document with super 8. I've never shot on this medium before and admittedly know very little. I ordered 6 rolls of 500T, but I'm debating between the 200T or 100D color reversal for outside and relatively well lit spaces. Bare in mind that I will have almost no control over lighting as this is a documentary experience, so any advice on specific means to control exposure (i dont want to over or under expose the film...) would be greatly appreciated.

Advice or point me to reading materials. I'll be shooting on a Minolta 400XL.

Thank you!

• Premium Member

I shot a roll of Vision2 500T outdoors a few years back and was pleased with the result. However, the camera had an f-stop that went down to f44.

500T can be rated at 200T and should actually give a fuller negative with a crisp depth of field as well. So, even if you go with either Velvia 100, Ektachrome 100, or Vision3 200T for outdoors, you can still resort to the 500T if that happens to be what is in your camera when you want to grab a quickie shot and don't want to mess with swapping out film cartridges, which will require you logging the footage of the cartridge being taken out of the camera, and then logging the other cartridge if you don't get all the way through that one before needing to switch back to the prior film cartridge.