Showreel Montage

Hi there,

Would appreciate feedback on shot selection, pacing and editing of my new showreel montage.

This includes shots from features, TV Drama, commercials and music videos.

Here is the link:

http://www.felixwiedemann.com/en/player.php?file=ReelMontage-2012-21-Web01.f4v

Thank you very much !

All the best,

Felix

Edited by Felix Wiedemann

Great stuff Felix!

So many well lit shots. I really loved where the overhead fluorescent turned on (ca. halfway through the reel).

The pacing felt just fine, enough time to really see the lighting and composure. While still being short enough to keep me wanting more.

Care to elaborate on any of the lighting set-ups?

Thanks a lot guys !

Miles, that set had a number of fluorescent tubes behind the diffusion pannels. In groups of six they could be individually switched on/off. This was wired to a manual switchboard, so to get the effect of the ceiling lighting up back to front two or three people would trigger the switches manually in the order we wanted.

Graham, yes that MoCo shot was great fun, although done in quite a rush (about 4hrs) plus sometimes fighting a bit of rain. MoCo is fantastic and can be used for storytelling in very interesting and creative ways I think. Have fun with your shots ! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Miles, that set had a number of fluorescent tubes behind the diffusion pannels. In groups of six they could be individually switched on/off. This was wired to a manual switchboard, so to get the effect of the ceiling lighting up back to front two or three people would trigger the switches manually in the order we wanted.

Thanks for the info!