hoice of film schools around the world

Hi. Im from Eastern Europe. Im 25. I want to study film directing. I love independent films, not the mainstream.

Please advise film school, so I can study this craft.

I have a master's education (not cinematic).

Study in English only. I would like to spend on study is not more than 10-15 k $ in year. I want to study in Western Europe, but I'm interested in school anywhere in the world too. I was considering options including IAFT (Philipines), Hong Kong, all Asia, America too. I want that course was universal (all offilmmaking). including directing, editing, sound, postproduction etc. Please advice. Thanx.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I've been struggling with the same dilemma for a while now. From what research I've done, I think EICAR in Paris and The Prague Film School are both very good options, as both of them offer their programs in English.

I don't know of any accredited film schools here in NYC that would put you through a program for less than about 30K a year. That's an approximation, but 10-15K per year for tuition is a bit unrealistic unless it's a community college.

You might be better served by looking into a cerfticate program like the New York Film Academy offers.