Beaulieu 4008 Ang

Tin Ojeda

Hi everyone !...

today i purchase a Beaulieu 4008 and i mounted my C Mount Angénieux 12-120mm from my 16mm Bolex camera.

Im filming a surf movie so i need the extra zoom..

Will this work fine ? ..

the camera came with the 6-80mm lens but i need more zoom since im shooting from the beach.

I really don't want to waste a roll to test it and im going to california saturday to start shooting ..

will appreciate some help !

thanks !

Yes, you can use most C-mount lenses easily on your BEAULIEU 4008. From a technical standpoint, every lens in an ideal world would be collimated to the camera, but in practice, you should be fine. If you can focus the image sharply in your viewfinder on the 4008, and lens is in good condition with the focusing and aperture range working fine, it will perform the way you want it to. The interchangeability of lenses, and especially being able to use ultra telephoto lenses is one of the main reasons I even bought a BEAULIEU series camera years ago. I have used a 400mm Vivitar lens coupled with both a 2x and 3x teleconvertor to capture the craters on the moon! I do recommend using a fluid head tripod that is very sturdy and heavy(or weighed down) when going to ultra telephoto (as you will be on the high end of your 12mm to 120mm zoom Angenieux lens). But that being said, I have quite acceptable footage shot handheld using both freehand and telephoto lens stocks; and shooting at a somewhat higher frame rate to smooth out any handheld bumps....e.g. at 24fps for footage projected at 18fps or at 32fps for footage projected at 24fps etc. Have fun using that long lens!

• Upvote 1