Arri SR2 Bayonet mount

Javed Haque

Hi there,

I recently bought a SR2 from e-bay with a bayonet mount. I'm wondering whether Bayonet mount and B mount are one and the same since I have access to low rentals of B mount Zeiss prime lenses that I'd like to try out at some point.

• Premium Member

Zeiss primes in 'B mount' would most likely be Arri bayonet mount, easy enough to check with the rental house. Some people lazily call the B4 mount used on 2/3" video cameras a 'B mount', and there are some Zeiss lenses like digiprimes in that mount.

• Premium Member

I have a 10-100 Zeiss in bayonet mount that's amazingly sharp. Love that lens...it was the "kit lens" for SR1's & 2's. There's alot of glass out there for your camera at a good price. Most however will not fully cover Super 16 so keep that in mind if you are thinking of converting at some point (although it would be cheaper to just buy a S16 camera already converted).

Thanks for the insight. The seller just confirmed that B-mount stands for bayonet mount. Now whether the rental film co-op was lazily calling B4 mount as B-mount, that's another story. I doubt it though, since they do have a Arri SR2 to rent and I believe these B mount lenses go with that camera package.

I'm actually considering converting it to ultra 16, since it's a more economic route and lenses do not have to be Super 16, so that the already existing Angineux zoom lens can be used plus the zeiss primes when called for.

Thanks.