S16mm Four Tet music video with bodymount

Marcel Zyskind

Hi there

A music video I shot for a guy called Four Tet. Director was Dan Wilde. Bodymount rig ala doggicam but from taketwo films and a aaton aminima with a 9.5mm lens from Ice Films in London.

My favorite part is just after he falls down the steps in the bus. The effect was done in camera.

http://www.dominorecordco.com/site/player....14&action=watch

All the best

Marcel

Guest Christopher Wedding
Hi there

A music video I shot for a guy called Four Tet. Director was Dan Wilde. Bodymount rig ala doggicam but from taketwo films and a aaton aminima with a 9.5mm lens from Ice Films in London.

My favorite part is just after he falls down the steps in the bus. The effect was done in camera.

THAT WAS A GREAT PIECE, Thanks for sharing. Would you mind sharing how you did the fall on the stairs and the light effect afterwards (reminded me of the Limey's flashbacks).

Also how does the rig attach to the actor?

Very Inspiring.

Guest Y.M.Poursohi

Vey nice. I imagine this was all available daylight with no HMIs, am I correct(excluding the bathroom scene)? What stock did use, 250D?

I like the concept too.

Y

Hi

Thanks for your feedback, the bodymount is basically like a steadicam vest with four small tubes with a little platform at the end where you mount the camera.

We used Kodak 250D, all available light ext. and a few kino tubes in the bathroom.

For the falling down the steps it was very much a good actor perfomance, shaking and turning his body.

After the fall we mounted an aminima without a mirror shutter on the bodymount to achive the effect.

I asked Ice Films in London to take it out. It's something I've been experimenting with my Konvas where it is very easy to remove the mirror. For the aminima it is something the rental house needs to do, it is not a quick and DIY operation! Many thanks to them for that. I like the effect very much, but obviusly you have no videoassist and no image through the viewfinder. The higlights really streak a lot. I also overexposed 3-4 stops outside of the bus.

All the best

Marcel