Location Scouting Wall

We all discuss Filming but i believe we forgot a very important part. Location Scouting / Hunting.

Lately i have been visiting two places. One is outside, perfect for adventure movies and one is an awesome Barock Room

Please share your pictures here and describe the location.

saalvoll.jpg

This Barock Room can be found in Switzerland at the Museum Library. They are happy to let you shoot film there

http://www.stibi.ch/de-ch/museum/barocksaal/architektur.aspx

And here are a few Pictures i made 3 days ago on a Trip in Switzerland. Location would be perfct for Adventure or maybe even a Western?

010.jpg

020.jpg

See more Pictures here: http://www.randytomlinson.com/cinematography/images (index)

Location is here: 46°57'17.6"N 9°32'43.5"E (Google maps)

• Premium Member

While we're on the subject, I looked at this for a steampunk-esque project that regrettably never happened. Perhaps I should spin this one back up - it was quite promising.

And yes, you can get down below that glass-block flooring and light up through it.

post-29-0-30538400-1394889735_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-82661200-1394889808_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-55534400-1394889840_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

And here are a few Pictures i made 3 days ago on a Trip in Switzerland. Location would be perfct for Adventure or maybe even a Western?

Makes me think of films by the Cohen Brothers. Fargo maybe or something.

Freya

We all discuss Filming but i believe we forgot a very important part. Location Scouting / Hunting.

I never forget this because it's always the biggest problem I have with making anything. Firstly finding places but what's far worse than that is when you discover the prices they are asking. I often find it's at least 1/2 of a GH4 just to shoot for a day. Tends to cripple things completely.

Freya

• Premium Member

I wanted to use a power station near the Dartford river crossing in Kent. It was great; it looked like Acton Lane when it was used for Aliens and Batman. They wanted £2500/day.

On one level, fair enough; they're a commercial organisation (though the building would have been publicly-funded at the time of its construction). What annoys me is when publicly-owned locations do it.

P