PAL

beegblock

Hi, I filmed something on my MiniDV camera in NTSC format and was wondering if there was any way to turn it into a PAL final product on DVD. I'm assuming if there's a way, it would be done via the program I'm using to edit? It's Premiere 6.0.

Thanks!

I'm starting to look at the same issue myself. I haven't figured out all the answers, but there are two big things you have to take care of -- frame rate and resolution. Specifically, you have to change the frame rate from 29.97 fps to 25 fps, and you have to "blow up" your image to 720 x 576 pixels (from 720 x 480).

I don't know if you can do this in Premiere, but I think After Effects might be able to handle it. At least according to this page: http://www.toolfarm.com/tutorials/ntscPAL.html

Good luck...

Edited by chance

Highly doubtful you can do this with Premiere. You can export your NTSC video as a PAL quick time movie, use the settings 720X576, 25 FPS, DV PAL. Now you have a PAL file but you'll see lot's of distortion on any medium to fast movement in the shot, or when there's a camera pan you'll see distortion. If the shot is a lock off of a building it will work, but movement will do the shot in.

There are software solutions for this, but not one built into Premiere that I know of.

Richard