Low Cost Super 8 film Transfers

Anthony Schilling

Hopefully the moderator is ok with this shameless plug for my website. But my goal is to offer quality affordable transfers of negative super 8 film (and reversal) with no minimum. Most post houses require a half hr minimum at about $300 per hr. If you want to keep shooting S8 while enjoying the benefits of all 3 awesome Vision3 films without the high cost hurdles, this is a good alternative. My Rates are $15 per 50ft roll with no color correction, this option gives you a nice inverted raw neg to work with. Or $25 per roll with color correction, grain reduction, ect.
www.silentfilmworks.com

I found a link about advertising on this site per month and one of the perks is being allowed to do occasional commercial topics as well.

Thanks- possibly in the future, but for now i want to remain small. I'm looking to provide services for the hobbiest or short film maker who wants to shoot 1-8 carts of film. Especially negative film which HAS to be transfered and difficult to DIY. Mostly, I want to encourage many of the S8 enthusiasts who seem to have been discouraged by the disappearance of reversal film, where dealing with negative can be costly. When I get a higher end telecine, I usually have to shoot at least 8 carts which can cost me over $400 just for the scan. That makes it hard to experiment and Super 8 has always been an experimantation choice for of it's low cost/low risk. The Vision3 S8 films have a lot more to offer than anything we've had before. Anyone who has been sitting on the sidelines because of higher film chain costs is really missing out. I think that if they picked up shooting the negatives, they would be very pleased with the results and have a lot more fun shooting than they did before. So if you're looking to try out roll of 50D, or maybe see what you can get out of a roll of 500T in low existing light... have at it and let me help you with your scanning needs at a very affordable price.

Edited by Anthony Schilling