16s filter question

JB Earl

I have an original matte box for my Arriflex 16SB. I'm wondering what others use in terms of filters for theirs. I can't seam to locate the 60mm x 75mm filters it was designed for. 2x2 for use with filter frames are also very rare. 58mm filters screw in it, they're cheap and available but would definitely need some black wrap. Advice? thanks!

I think I can get the trays. I can't find any used 2x2 filters, and new ones are hard to justify as this is not my work camera (it's just for personal use).

I have some used 2x2 Tiffen 85 and 85NDs. May have other 2x2's also. If you are keen I'll see if there's a full set. Think I have some 3x3 also. Can you take 3x3?

You may get lucky and eventually find someone with a lot of various 2x2s. Otherwise you will need to rig another mattebox to take advantage of all the used 4x4's that are around.

I opened Pandora's box and there is quite a lot of interesting stuff there. Came with some other stuff I bought ex NZ National film unit, been in storage , most of the plastic pouches have some tape residue on the outside.

I saw some used 2x2 Tiffen 85, 85N3, 85N6, didn't see a .9 combo yet.

Lots of 3x3 conversion, some boxed, new.

Found some Arri 75x60, they have a little plastic finger grip in one edge. Used, boxed, labeled as...

- Orange

- Orange

- Yellow

- Polarising F (like a holder with a 54mm round in the center, filter looks delaminated)

-25% ND (like a holder with a 54mm round in the center, filter good)

• Premium Member

I think I can get the trays. I can't find any used 2x2 filters, and new ones are hard to justify as this is not my work camera (it's just for personal use).

I picked up a nice 2x2 85B on ebay. I would start doing some searches there.

I've purchased all of my other Tiffen filters new (about 10 or 12.) If you're going to be using them, they're worth the investment.