best way to rig a 1k overhead ....little shoot

here is a funny little question....Its kinda a grip question but think it fits here.

Im shooting a little commerical its a series of ECU's we are shooting in a studio.

We want to rig a 1k right above the talent pointed down ....probably through a 4x4 frame of diff.

If it was a smaller light I would just throw it on the arm of a c stand but a 1k seems a little heavy.

what is a nice easy way to rig a little bit stronger peice of grip gear to do this? I was thinking we could just get a menace arm but that seems too heavy duty.

chimera is a good call ....it not directly over head but straight on to the talent pointed at a bit an angle.

yea I realized could just do the goal post thing but was hoping maybe there is a easier lighter weight solution im just not thinking of.

Edited by Albion Hockney

You can also try hanging the white side of a beadboard and shine the light up into it from the ground. If the light is a fresnel and focusable to a narrow enough beam. No idea if this is a practical approach to your setup but the bounce back will be soft similar to the quality of the diffusion but you'd probably want to skirt the board. This is a very light weight thing to rig. Done it plenty of times. You blackwrap up the unit on the ground so it doesn't spill onto anything but the overhead board. If the talent never crosses the beam or goes near it, it might do the trick for you.