Green Car Windows

Anyone have any knowledege on what cars (makes/models) don't tint the windows so green or is it just across the board?

anyone have a gel combo to ease it or something they do? .....I shot something recently unaware of it and we are just going to time it out but it's pretty bad!

Anyone have any knowledege on what cars (makes/models) don't tint the windows so green or is it just across the board?

anyone have a gel combo to ease it or something they do? .....I shot something recently unaware of it and we are just going to time it out but it's pretty bad!

Just a random guess... car 'safety' glass is a composite of two glass surfaces with a plastic film in between. The 'green' may be from the plastic material that is used, or the other ingredients of the glass mix to make it more resilient to impact.

The same is true for other 'safety' glass such as shower doors, which have a 'greenish' cast as well as 'bullet proof' glass cash windows.

Edited by John E Clark

I think all cars suffer from this problem. The angle of incidence can make it worse, or better, as can the surroundings.

A pet hate of mine is the tinted visor strip at the top of many windshields. You can guarantee that the light will always hit it at precisely the right angle to cast a green glow on the talent.