16mm London & south east UK

Gareth Munden

Hi everyone .

Can anyone point me to a lab in the London area where I can get 16mm film processed ?

A lab that is Cheap/Friendly/Helpful .

Is this to much for me too ask ?

And is there a good book out there about 16mm/35mm film ( formats , processing , finishing tec . ) ?

Thanks everyone .

• Premium Member

Hi,

I used CFS. They have a dropoff in Soho. Everyone was the same price anyway, but they seemed friendly enough, and didn't charge me for clip testing when I used them for the final process, even though it was only 1200ft.

Phil

Edited by Phil Rhodes

Hi;

Also I've found Soho Images to be pretty cool over the years, they are rather friendly to students too, ask for Len Thornton, he will help you out there. I've gotten graded SD telecines made there for suprisingly decent rates....

Olly

Hi;

Also I've found Soho Images to be pretty cool over the years, they are rather friendly to students too, ask for Len Thornton, he will help you out there. I've gotten graded SD telecines made there for suprisingly decent rates....

Olly

I second that - Ask for Len Thornton, his job is to deal with the low budget / student customer base.

Matt

Soho Images is fine for processing but they don't offer the best rate or quality for telecine. In my experience, Len Thornton has been helpful but has proved very elusive at times, which is part of the reason I've never telecined there (well once). The Machine Room has better tk gear and did us a nice rate. Also Goldcrest are very nice, very helpful and may offer a better price (maybe not as good equipment as MR but how amazing does it really need to be?). Good luck!

p.s. Last summer I telecined once at Soho Images and they've recently started chasing me for a bill that was paid 10 months ago!